The Neuro4D Conference 2022
Drug Discovery for Proteopathic Neurodegenerative Diseases:
New Disease Models, Latest Technologies and Innovative Targets
- Major Sponsors:
The Neuro4D is an international conference on Neuro Degenerative Disease Drug Discovery bringing together drug discovery companies, service and technology providers, and academic innovators in the field of proteopathic neurodegenerative diseases in a highly interactive format.
The conference differentiates itself by bringing together distinguished industry and academic speakers specialized in neurodegenerative disease drug discovery in direct contact and lively discussions. Academic research leaders outline recent findings and insights into the complicated disease mechanisms. Biotech and international pharmaceutical drug discovery companies will present their most recent achievements to develop new treatment options and outline the models and technologies used in compound selection and optimization. Service and technology companies will present their platforms and show examples of how their services contribute to the discovery of new drug candidates.
For current COVID19 related requirements please consult these information.
Organizers and hotel will make sure that all regulations and hygienic standards on-site are obeyed. We are looking forward to finally meet our loyal and new participants in Mainz again to benefit from direct personal contacts and lively interactions. Fortunately, the great location we had identified for the 2020 event is again available for 2022. The conference will keep the successful session format and chairman lead control of the discussions. We are planning a full session on clinical translations of drug discovery programs, clinical trial designs and their limitations. We will have a session on Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease and cover additional proteopathic neurodegenerative diseases.
Online Registration includes: conference hotel room from Monday 16 to Tuesday 17 for all delegates, all food and drinks during the entire event, joint social activities, and the conference dinner at the end of the first day. All Neuro4D participants need to prove complete COVID vaccination at on-site registration. Please bring ID and official confirmation.
Call for Poster Abstracts:
Poster abstracts (max. 300 words) are requested before March 14th, 2022. They will be evaluated and selected by March 31st, 2022. Accepted abstracts of participating delegates will be published in the program. Submit Abstracts in MS Word, or as Email text to the organizer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Poster boards have a width of 118.5 cm and a height of 146 cm. Posters must have a maximum size of A0 (84 × 119 cm) and portrait orientation. Poster presenters need to be at their posters during dedicated breaks.
The Neuro4D Poster Award: The Neuro4D Poster Award will be given to the: ‘ Best Approach for the Treatment of Neurodegenerative Diseases ‘, presented at the International Neuro4D Conference 2022 will be selected by all conference participants and awarded with 1000 € in cash!
Presentations will be again 10 min. A chairman-led Q&A session of approximately 5 min, and a 15 min session discussion will take place.
- Poster Price presented at the International Neuro4D Conference 2022:
A Disease Associated Conformation of Macrophage Migration Inhibitory Factor as a Novel Drug Target in Alzheimer’s Disease (PDF)
Certificate Poster Price.pdf (PDF)
- Draft Program:
2022 Conference Program (PDF)
last update: May 2022.
- Topics Highlights:
- New insights support the importance of small and soluble misfolded protein aggregates for neurodegenerative diseases. These aggregates were shown to be important in many neurodegenerative diseases from AD, PD, FTD, HD, and likely also ALS. We will hear how such aggregates have been detected and structurally characterized for multiple diseases, how disease progression is spread from neuron to neuron and results in synaptic loss, neuronal dysfunction, brain inflammation and finally brain atrophy. Multiple drug discovery programs aim to interfere with this disease mechanism and have a good chance to become successful treatment options. We will have a session discussing clinical observations and outcomes in recently concluded trials.
- Target Audience:
- Drug discovery experts from biotechs and the pharmaceutical industry
- Academic experts in proteopathic neurodegenerative diseases interested in drug discovery
- Service providers with novel models in neurodegeneration
- Pharma strategists and investors interested in the neurodegenerative field
- Advisory Committee:
Neil Cashman; UBC, Vancouver, Canada
Tiago Outeiro; Exp. Neurodegeneration, U. Göttingen, Germany
Erich Wanker; Max Delbrück Centre, Berlin, Germany
Oliver Peters; Charité, Berlin, Germany
Manuel Buttini, Neuropathology and Animal Model Core Unit; Luxembourg
Marcus Fändrich, Ulm University, Germany
Joseph Araujo, InterVivo Solutions, Canada
Dr. Andreas Köpke (bioExpert)
Tel: +49 6136 957 3000